1Another term for gas burner.
- The JILA team overcame these problems by coupling a low-pulse-energy but high-repetition-rate femtosecond laser to a high-quality cavity equipped with a xenon gas jet.
- Robert, a member of the Georgia Tech team, had demonstrated that such gas jets can boost the lift of fixed-wing aircraft and may also improve the aerodynamics of large tractor-trailer trucks.
- For increased manoeuvrability in the terminal phase, the missile uses a ‘PIF-PAF’ direct thrust control system with gas jets.
2A flame of illuminated gas from a gas burner.
- In 1859 he exhibited The Heart of the Andes in a darkened Manhattan gallery, illuminated by gas jets, surrounded by real tropical plants - there was a demand in New York City for these precociously cinematic vistas.
- Assuming that you are not cooking this over the coals of a barbecue, the best results come from using a ridged grill pan over a fierce gas jet, making sure the pan is really hot before you brush on some olive oil and add the meat.
- This crown-shaped sign is made of copper gas piping and was illuminated by gas jet flames to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1887.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: gas jet
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.