( • dated also gasolene)
- Refined petroleum used as fuel for internal combustion engines.More example sentences
- The mother had warned them that heat from the kitchen might ignite the gasoline in the fuel tank.
- The refinery is the nation's largest producer of gasoline, kerosene and other refined products.
- Lead is used to increase the octane number of gasoline to lower its burning point and make it easier to burn.
More definitions of gasolineDefinition of gasoline in:
- The British & World English dictionary