- 1The activity of controlling, and usually limiting, general access to something: Wal-Mart’s cultural gatekeeping has served to narrow the mainstream for entertainment offeringsMore example sentences
- The company's cultural gatekeeping offends many people who see it as insulting and threatening to their choice of available entertainment.
- Although physicians are gatekeepers to almost all medical resources, their role in managing referral to specialists has been the most controversial aspect of gatekeeping.
- Primary care gatekeeping is less controversial in Britain than in America.
More definitions of gatekeepingDefinition of gatekeeping in:
- The British & World English dictionary