Definition of gazania in English:
A tropical herbaceous plant of the daisy family, with showy flowers that are typically orange or yellow.
- Genus Gazania, family Compositae
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- The greenhouses are now stuffed full with geranimus, surfinia petunias, fuchsias and gazanias.
- Many groundcovers can also be planted, including ice plant, gazania and capeweed.
modern Latin, named after Theodore of Gaza (1398–1478), Greek scholar.
Definition of gazania in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan