Definition of gazania in English:
A tropical herbaceous plant of the daisy family, with showy flowers that are typically orange or yellow.
- Genus Gazania, family Compositae
- Daisies such as arcotis, erigerum, gazanias and osteospermums are terrific value, flowering for many months of summer.
- The greenhouses are now stuffed full with geranimus, surfinia petunias, fuchsias and gazanias.
- Many groundcovers can also be planted, including ice plant, gazania and capeweed.
Modern Latin, named after Theodore of Gaza (1398–1478), Greek scholar.
Definition of gazania in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.