- A device used to engage or disengage gears in a transmission or similar mechanism.More example sentences
- For the car to start, you must place your foot on the clutch and, naturally, have your hand brake engaged and the gearshift in neutral.
- As usual, I pulled the van in front of the aircraft, shifted the gearshift to park, engaged the parking brake, grabbed my tools, and exited the van.
- Since the F1 world championship began in 1950, the introduction of disc brakes and the gearshift mounted on the steering wheel on some exotic sports cars are about the only two technology transfers from F1 to road cars.
More definitions of gearshiftDefinition of gearshift in:
- The British & World English dictionary