Definition of geebung in English:
An Australian shrub or small tree that bears creamy-yellow flowers and small green fruit.
- Genus Persoonia, family Proteaceae
- So has anyone munched any other types of geebungs and could share their tasting notes?
- Changes in soil conditions in this area have produced an equally varied understorey of shrubs, with ferns, wattles, banksias, hakeas and geebungs, and a number of native grasses.
- Visitors from Sydney will notice the flannel flowers - many of the peas, boronias, mint-bushes, geebungs and tea trees, however, belong to inland species.
Early 19th century: from Dharuk.
Definition of geebung in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.