- Asexual reproduction by the production of gemmae; budding.More example sentences
- The process of mould growth on indoor surfaces generally includes gemmation, growth, and sporulation.
- However, in such a way of reproduction, gemmation of descendants causes involution of parental tissues as before.
- In the higher Articulata, the process of gemmation goes on to a considerable extent in the egg, and even afterwards in some cases, but more or less irregularly.
mid 18th century: from French, from gemmer 'to bud', from gemme 'bud', from Latin gemma.
More definitions of gemmationDefinition of gemmation in:
- The British & World English dictionary