Definition of gemsbok in English:
A large antelope that has a gray coat, distinctive black-and-white head markings, and long straight horns, native to southwestern and East Africa.
- Oryx gazella, family Bovidae. See also oryx
- You will also see gemsbok, springbok, eland, blue wildebeest, cheetahs, wild dogs, jackals, bat-eared foxes and leopards.
- It has taken everything from Colorado mule deer to zebra, impala, gemsbok and waterbuck in Africa.
- Some other interesting wildlife here includes giraffe, leopard, cheetah, jackal, blue wildebeest, gemsbok and black rhino.
Words that rhyme with gemsbokrhebok • steenbok
Definition of gemsbok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan