Definition of gemsbok in English:
A large antelope that has a gray coat, distinctive black-and-white head markings, and long straight horns, native to southwestern and East Africa.
- Oryx gazella, family Bovidae. See also oryx
- You will also see gemsbok, springbok, eland, blue wildebeest, cheetahs, wild dogs, jackals, bat-eared foxes and leopards.
- It has taken everything from Colorado mule deer to zebra, impala, gemsbok and waterbuck in Africa.
- Some other interesting wildlife here includes giraffe, leopard, cheetah, jackal, blue wildebeest, gemsbok and black rhino.
Definition of gemsbok in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.