- The process whereby a person’s physical sexual characteristics are changed by means of medical procedures such as surgery or hormone treatment: [as modifier]: gender reassignment surgeryMore example sentences
- She was born a man and underwent gender reassignment surgery 20 years ago to become a woman.
- Having never heard of gender dysphoria, the state of mind which characterizes the desire for gender reassignment, I was naive about the complexity or intensity of the process.
- In the early 1970s, only around 15% of those requesting surgery were "granted" gender reassignment surgery.
More definitions of gender reassignmentDefinition of gender reassignment in:
- The British & World English dictionary