- Denoting or relating to a person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders: the genderqueer communityMore example sentences
- I don't mean to imply that gender identity is something that genderqueer people just wake up and decide each day.
- I have another friend who generally presents as one gender, but occasionally as genderqueer, so I have been trying to adapt to the gender neutral name they prefer.
- I realized our "lesbian nation" has expanded to include multiple cultures and backgrounds, and our definitions of "lesbian" have expanded beyond the nuclear model to queer and genderqueer and beyond.
nounBack to top
- A person who does not subscribe to conventional gender distinctions but identifies with neither, both, or a combination of male and female genders: a younger generation of self-proclaimed genderqueers explicitly reject ‘transgender’ as an identifierMore example sentences
- Lyndon is a 20-year-old polyamorous, pansexual genderqueer.
- Okay the term was first coined for othering the genderqueer from the people of transsexual history, but it gained new and positive meaning in the nineties.
- Like many young "genderqueers," Korey doesn't believe a male physique is necessary to be "male."
More definitions of genderqueerDefinition of genderqueer in:
- The British & World English dictionary