Definition of gene map in English:
1A record of the DNA sequence of a gene: a cancer gene map
More example sentences
- The double-headed arrow below the tyrosinase gene map is the region sequenced for construction of phylogenetic trees of fishes.
- While it took years to pin down the AIDS virus, the coronavirus that causes SARS was identified and its gene map sequenced and published in less than a month.
- One headline read: ‘Charles Darwin was right and chimp gene map proves it.’
2A genome map.
- The expression of this to date has been those collective gene maps - the species' genomes - which are announced with great excitement every other week.
- If you're still concerned about the difference between a gene map and a road map, the ‘Genome Mapping’ section makes that distinction with an interesting analogy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.