- 1A record of the DNA sequence of a gene: a cancer gene mapMore example sentences
- The double-headed arrow below the tyrosinase gene map is the region sequenced for construction of phylogenetic trees of fishes.
- While it took years to pin down the AIDS virus, the coronavirus that causes SARS was identified and its gene map sequenced and published in less than a month.
- One headline read: ‘Charles Darwin was right and chimp gene map proves it.’
- 2A genome map.More example sentences
- The expression of this to date has been those collective gene maps - the species' genomes - which are announced with great excitement every other week.
- If you're still concerned about the difference between a gene map and a road map, the ‘Genome Mapping’ section makes that distinction with an interesting analogy.