- 1The quality of being kind and generous: I was overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and neighborsMore example sentences
- The couple say they have been left speechless by the kindness and generosity of friends and neighbours.
- The generosity of friends and supporters kept them going during the bleakest periods.
- They made many friends and were struck by the kindness, generosity and optimism of the local people.
- 1.1The quality or fact of being plentiful or large: diners certainly cannot complain about the generosity of portions
late Middle English (denoting nobility of birth): from Latin generositas, from generosus 'magnanimous' (see generous). Current senses date from the 17th century.