A graphic representation of a chromosome including the position of its genes.
More example sentences
- It would later be established that there is a linear correspondence between the sequence of genes in the genetic maps and the dark and light bands in the polytene chromosomes of the salivary glands.
- The genetic map of this chromosome is characterized by several clusters of cosegregating markers that were partly split by inserted TBs.
- A genetic map showing the 16 chromosomes of yeast is diagrammed.
- More example sentences
- Our point is that genetic mapping is a significant example of a powerful scientific development that will fundamentally change the way people live, if they live, and how they live.
- In 1913, A.H. Sturtevant discovered that genes are arranged in linear fashion along chromosomes, establishing the basic principle of all subsequent genetic mapping.
- Genetic mapping is especially laborious and time consuming when mapping synthetic phenotypes or when the mutant phenotype is very subtle.