(also genetic screening)
- The sequencing of human DNA in order to discover genetic differences, anomalies, or mutations that may prove pathological: genetic testing to identify HLA status in the fetuses of 49 couples considered at riskMore example sentences
- Direct genetic testing to demonstrate mutations in the Notch3 gene can be used to confirm the disease.
- Whether we look to stem cell research, genetic testing, or insurance coverage, the focus is now on the individual.
- Yet the clinical utility of predictive genetic testing for different diseases varies considerably.
More definitions of genetic testingDefinition of genetic testing in:
- The British & World English dictionary