- (Of an organism or crop) containing genetic material that has been artificially altered so as to produce a desired characteristic: genetically modified viruses to insert new genes into growing plantsMore example sentences
- Leaf disks are made of the target species the plant species that will be altered, genetically modified, or transformed.
- The Japanese have genetically modified onions that suppress the enzyme which causes weeping.
- You've been an outspoken critic of genetically modified foods and genetic engineering.
More definitions of genetically modifiedDefinition of genetically modified in:
- The British & World English dictionary