Definition of genetics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The study of heredity and the variation of inherited characteristics.
- I take this to be an invitation to actively study genetics, atmospheric sciences and geology and so on.
- In doing so it has removed many of the limitations in the study of human genetics.
- The study of genetics confirms that we are all extremely closely related biologically.
1.1 [treated as singular or plural] The genetic properties or features of an organism, characteristic, etc. the effects of family genetics on the choice of career
More example sentences
- Illnesses and atrocities occur with a frequency related to the country you were born in and your own genetics.
- The first papers on plant molecular population genetics were published approximately 10 years ago.
- To understand further the genetics underlying pulmonary function, we analyzed data from 264 individuals from 26 pedigrees.
Definition of genetics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan