- 1Of or relating to the human or animal reproductive organs: conditions of the lower genital tractMore example sentences
- These infections may range from cutaneous warts to genital mucous membrane infections that can progress to cervical cancer.
- Less common types of male subfertility are caused by testicular or genital tract infection, disease, or abnormalities.
- Several case studies and one randomised controlled trial have shown that screening significantly reduces the prevalence of genital tract infections and pelvic inflammatory disease in women.
- 1.1 Psychoanalysis (In Freudian theory) relating to or denoting the final stage of psychosexual development reached in adulthood.More example sentences
- For Freud, the breast was the first erogenous zone, from which a child should move on to the anal and genital stages of its developing sexuality.
noun(genitals) Back to top
late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin genitalis, from genitus, past participle of gignere 'beget'.
More definitions of genitalDefinition of genital in:
- The British & World English dictionary