The deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.
More example sentences
- The answer to how people or states convince themselves to commit murder or genocide is complex.
- Churchill argues that the experiences of his people are nothing less than genocide.
- After we liberated Europe we did not come home to deny freedoms and practise genocide here.
- More example sentences
- A regime that launched genocidal extermination campaigns against impure minorities would be recognised for what it was and denounced.
- They now have to make sure that malevolent and reactionary forces are no longer able to gain power and to use such power in the pursuit of racist and genocidal policies.
- He was up against an enemy armed and guided by genocidal impulses.