noun[treated as singular] Biology
- The branch of molecular biology concerned with the structure, function, evolution, and mapping of genomes.More example sentences
- Rapid advances in genomics and proteomics and stem cell research will also make the in utero treatment of some genetic conditions possible.
- Our analysis shows the potential of evolutionary analysis for functional genomics.
- In the postgenomic era, the revolution in bioinformatics deals with the problem of structural genomics.
1980s: from genome 'the complete set of genes present in an organism' + -ics.
More definitions of genomicsDefinition of genomics in:
- The British & World English dictionary