noun (plural gentlemen farmers)
- A well-to-do man who runs a farm for pleasure.More example sentences
- In the 18th century, gentlemen farmers such as Robert Bakewell of Dishley in Leicestershire took an active interest in improving livestock.
- The threadbare plot of the film concerns a song-and-dance man who retires from showbusiness to become a gentleman farmer but finds country life more demanding than he thought.
- In 1866 the country's first major winery was established at Canada's most southerly point by three gentlemen farmers from Kentucky who planted 20 acres of Isabella vines.
More definitions of gentleman farmerDefinition of gentleman farmer in:
- The British & World English dictionary