Definition of gentlemanly in English:
(Of a man) befitting a gentleman; chivalrous, courteous, or honorable: a paragon of gentlemanly conduct
More example sentences
- Other ballads generally portray him as a victim and romantic hero, and embody the legends of his gentlemanly conduct and chivalrous deeds.
- Geek guys seem like wholesome, responsible, potential breadwinners who will be polite, courteous and gentlemanly with someone's daughter on a date.
- He advised us almost constantly what was going on, and we were struck by his gentlemanly, courteous, informed, and considerate approach.
- Example sentences
- He was a man who has been acknowledged already for his gentlemanliness, his courtesy, and his wisdom.
- We heard over and over about Peck's impeccable gentlemanliness and old-school liberal decency, Hepburn's aristocratic east coast classiness, and Bob Hope's patriotism.
- Only the garish turquoise silk tie and the glint in his pale blue eyes detract from this picture of geriatric gentlemanliness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan