Definition of gentlemanly in English:
(Of a man) befitting a gentleman; chivalrous, courteous, or honorable: a paragon of gentlemanly conduct
More example sentences
- Other ballads generally portray him as a victim and romantic hero, and embody the legends of his gentlemanly conduct and chivalrous deeds.
- Geek guys seem like wholesome, responsible, potential breadwinners who will be polite, courteous and gentlemanly with someone's daughter on a date.
- He advised us almost constantly what was going on, and we were struck by his gentlemanly, courteous, informed, and considerate approach.
- Example sentences
- He was a man who has been acknowledged already for his gentlemanliness, his courtesy, and his wisdom.
- We heard over and over about Peck's impeccable gentlemanliness and old-school liberal decency, Hepburn's aristocratic east coast classiness, and Bob Hope's patriotism.
- Only the garish turquoise silk tie and the glint in his pale blue eyes detract from this picture of geriatric gentlemanliness.
Words that rhyme with gentlemanlyscholarly • seamanly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.