- A distance equal to one minute of longitude or latitude at the equator (about 1,850 meters).More example sentences
- We had determined to mark it not only at right angles to our course - that is, from east to west - but by snow beacons at every two geographical miles to the south.
- Since a geographical mile is a measure of the earth's circumference at the Equator, a knowledge of it implies a knowledge of the measurement of the polar radius.
- Because of this difference, a geographical mile along the equatorial circumference would be 6087 ft long but the same mile along the polar circumference would be only 6066 ft in length.
More definitions of geographical mileDefinition of geographical mile in:
- The British & World English dictionary