The process or technique of identifying the geographical location of a person or device by means of digital information processed via the Internet.
More example sentences
- You won't be able to control who sees your location with Twitter geolocation.
- Far from splitting the Web, geolocation's proponents say, the technology makes the Internet more meaningful to a global audience.
- Geolocation is expected to be an important theme of the South by Southwest conference in Austin, Texas, which starts tomorrow.
- More example sentences
- It is possible with existing technology to geolocate any mobile phone whenever it is switched on.
- I don't geolocate any photos of my house.
- He has a tasty way to geolocate your photostream on Google maps.
Definition of geolocation in:
- The British & World English dictionary