- A progression of numbers with a constant ratio between each number and the one before (e.g., each subsequent number is increased by a factor of 3 in the progression 1, 3, 9, 27, 81).More example sentences
- Another way of obtaining this result is to differentiate both sides of the formula for the sum of a geometric progression.
- One of the worlds growing technological innovation is telecommunications, with its number of punters growing at a geometric progression.
- One knows what happens otherwise: a geometric progression of crime, which neither the courts and nor the prisons are able to cope with.
More definitions of geometric progressionDefinition of geometric progression in:
- The British & World English dictionary