plural noun[treated as singular or plural]
Politics, especially international relations, as influenced by geographical factors: we were entering a new phase of global geopolitics
More example sentences
- This war has been a push to dominate geopolitics by defining them in military terms.
- Geographical position or size may confer on a country a specific role in geopolitics or international trade.
- This week's bulletin will have no ranting, no raving, no geopolitics nor any theoretical musings.
- Example sentences
- The national interest is too important to leave solely to the geopoliticians.
- Fettweis apparently believes that anyone who looks at international relations through a geographical lens is a ‘geopolitician.’
- The geopoliticians concluded that stable order could not be expected, only an everlasting struggle.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of geopolitics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.