Earth sciences, especially geology.
- A regional approach to public geoscience will reflect our geology, and will encourage sharing of expertise among geological surveys, universities, and industry.
- Concern was expressed that this needed regional geoscience is lacking over most of Canada, while geological survey activity is being curtailed.
- A degree in geoscience provides an ideal background for a science journalist.
- Example sentences
- As with fold geometry and origin, the final appearance of a geological feature offers geoscientists many opportunities to leap to conclusions about its formation.
- AGI is a non-profit federation of 40 geoscience professional associations representing over 100,000 geoscientists in the United States.
- Sustainable development and climate change are now dominant themes, and geoscientists have attempted to respond with multidisciplinary solutions such as earth system science.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of geoscience in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.