Definition of geotaxis in English:
The motion of a motile organism or cell in response to the force of gravity.
- It therefore seems that positive phototaxis was stronger than the positive geotaxis as a driving force of cell motility.
- This suggests that the fusion of response observed in geotaxis and phototaxis also exists in more sophisticated forms of navigation.
- They cause a variety of behavioral phenotypes including overall sluggishness and abnormal phototaxis, geotaxis, flight ability, ether recovery, and mating vigor.
- Example sentences
- The different geotactic behaviour of the two species of cercariae brings them into the ecological range of their different second intermediate hosts.
- The obstacle wall provides a geotactic barrier by presenting a side wall and an obstacle wall with numerous identical elevations.
- The present study was conducted to determine whether A. invadans zoospores show geotactic behaviour compared to other Oomycete genera.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.