(also geothermic /-ˈTHərmik/)
- Of, relating to, or produced by the internal heat of the earth: some 70% of Iceland’s energy needs are met from geothermal sourcesMore example sentences
- The internal, or geothermal, heat from within the Earth is responsible for the fact that temperature increases with depth.
- High geothermal activity and high heat flow at shallow levels in the crust are most likely due to aqueous fluids.
- These rocks were later affected by low-grade metamorphism under high geothermal gradients.
More definitions of geothermalDefinition of geothermal in:
- The British & World English dictionary