A slender East African antelope with a long neck, often browsing on tall bushes by standing on its hind legs.
- Litocranius walleri, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- It is during this period that thousands of animals - wildebeest, waterbuck, giraffe, impala, gerenuk, buffalo and oryx - migrate from the dry Maasai steppe to the Tarangire River in search of water.
- This small but spectacular reserve gives visitors a dramatic taste of northern Kenya and its unique dry-country animals: oryx, gerenuk, reticulated giraffe and rare Grevy's zebra.
- Some animals are unique to this northern park: Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, kudu and gerenuk.
late 19th century: from Somali.
Definition of gerenuk in:
- The British & World English dictionary