Definition of germander in English:
A widely distributed plant of the mint family. Some kinds are cultivated as ornamentals and some are used in herbal medicine.
- Genus Teucrium, family Labiatae: many species, including the American germander (T. canadense) and the European wall germander (T. chamaedrys)
- They can be trimmed almost like a topiary, if you want to use miniature box, lavender or germander.
- Herbs, such as germander and santolina, can be clipped into low hedges to create a knot garden.
- For example, programmed cell death in isolated rat hepatocytes has been implicated in the hepatitis induced by a herbal medicine containing diterpinoids from germander.
Words that rhyme with germanderAmanda, Aranda, Baganda, Banda, brander, candour (US candor), coriander, dander, expander, gander, goosander, jacaranda, Leander, Luanda, Lysander, meander, memoranda, Menander, Miranda, oleander, panda, pander, pasanda, philander, propaganda, Rwanda, sander, Skanda, stander, Uganda, understander, Vanda, veranda, withstander, zander
Definition of germander in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan