- Of or relating to old age, elderly people, or senescent animals or plants.More example sentences
- The gerontic whorl of gastropod genera of the subfamily Mitchelliinae is twisted both outwards and backwards, but not upwards as in members of the subfamily Scoliostomatinae.
- Rapid growth of the inner and basal parts of the apertural margin during their late shell ontogeny caused twisting of the gerontic whorl both outwards and backwards.
- The gerontic aperture is narrowly elongated in species of Eoscoliostoma, but rather circular in Scoliostoma species.
late 19th century: from Greek gerōn, geront- 'old man' + -ic.
More definitions of geronticDefinition of gerontic in:
- The British & World English dictionary