Definition of geum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the avens.
- Genus Geum, family Rosaceae
- These include the dahlias and impatiens as well as roses, cyclamen, nicotiana, geum and the darkening petals of Sedum spectabile.
- Water Avens is another name for this species of geum which, unlike the rest of the genus, is a moisture-loving plant that will do well in damp places by a pond.
- Many kinds can go into the ground now, including asters, chrysanthemums, diascia, gaura, geranium, geum, and penstemon.
Definition of geum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan