- 1(In South Asia) a flight of steps leading down to a river.More example sentences
- Consequently, I spent most of my time in the field engaging with boatmen and other locals working on the ghats (landing steps leading to the river).
- Indian poets speak of the splendor of dawn here, when the golden sun shines on temple spires and ashrams, when thousands of pilgrims flock to the broad sandstone steps called ghats.
- Once, planning to shoot birds in flight, I took up position one morning on the ghat.
- 2(In South Asia) a mountain pass.More example sentences
- If you are planning a sojourn on hilly terrain, sloping mountains or steep ghats, then this is the place.
- The drive down the ghats to the coast is breathtaking.
- Walking along the ghats to the Bhutanatha temples brought one to two priceless images.
More definitions of ghatDefinition of ghat in:
- The British & World English dictionary