- (In Middle Eastern and Indian literature and music) a lyric poem with a fixed number of verses and a repeated rhyme, typically on the theme of love, and normally set to music.More example sentences
- You should be listening to ghazals and classical music.
- Secular erotic poetry is much more common among the Arabs than religious poetry and the popular ghazal, a short lyric, takes on themes of love and intoxication.
- In a ghazal, the poet traditionally inserts his or her name.
via Persian from Arabic ġazal.
More definitions of ghazalDefinition of ghazal in:
- The British & World English dictionary