Definition of ghettoize in English:
Put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated place, group, or situation: they called for a policy that seeks to integrate foreign laborers rather than ghettoize them
More example sentences
- We did not want to be ghettoised and isolated.
- This ‘soft’ segregation, he says, suggests that Britain is moving towards being a segregated, ghettoised society.
- They don't ghettoize crime writers in other countries, and of course they shouldn't.
- Example sentences
- Hasn't the world learned a thing from past internment, ghettoization and marginalization of groups?
- It is nothing less than an extension of genre ghettoization.
- There are people who can't manage a word of English and what is worse make no attempt to learn the language of their adopted country inevitably leading to isolation and social and cultural ghettoisation.
Pronunciation: /ˌɡedōˌīˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌɡedōeˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
Words that rhyme with ghettoizearchaize • heroize
Definition of ghettoize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.