Definition of ghost crab in English:
A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
- Genus Ocypode, family Ocypodidae
- At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.
- They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.
- Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.
Definition of ghost crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan