Definition of ghost crab in English:
A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
- Genus Ocypode, family Ocypodidae
- At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.
- They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.
- Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.
Definition of ghost crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.