Definition of ghostwriter in English:
A person whose job it is to write material for someone else who is the named author.
- He said one reason to be more lenient is that everyone assumes that most words uttered by politicians or published under their names were actually written by speechwriters or ghostwriters.
- Journal articles are no longer published anonymously, and ghostwriters demand that their contributions be acknowledged.
- Keeping in mind that people trust experts, you can have a ghostwriter write your web content and you present it under your name.
- Example sentences
- The sad part about the manuscript is that the story would probably be incredible and highly publishable if it were ghostwritten.
- Begun by 1704, they were written, rewritten and ghostwritten over three decades before publication in 1742.
- I had this piece that I had to ghostwrite for a magazine.
Definition of ghostwriter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan