Definition of ghostwriter in English:
A person whose job it is to write material for someone else who is the named author.
- He said one reason to be more lenient is that everyone assumes that most words uttered by politicians or published under their names were actually written by speechwriters or ghostwriters.
- Journal articles are no longer published anonymously, and ghostwriters demand that their contributions be acknowledged.
- Keeping in mind that people trust experts, you can have a ghostwriter write your web content and you present it under your name.
- Example sentences
- The sad part about the manuscript is that the story would probably be incredible and highly publishable if it were ghostwritten.
- Begun by 1704, they were written, rewritten and ghostwritten over three decades before publication in 1742.
- I had this piece that I had to ghostwrite for a magazine.
Definition of ghostwriter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.