Definition of giant anteater in English:
A large insectivorous mammal with long coarse fur, large claws, an elongated snout, and a long tongue for catching ants. It is native to Central and South America.
- Myrmecophaga tridactyla, family Myrmecophagidae, order Xenartha (or Edentata)
- In Brazil's Pantanal, South America's largest wetlands, you'll stalk giant anteaters, armadillos, maned wolves, and jaguars.
- The giant anteater of South America is about the size of a German shepherd dog.
- They also take some beetle larvae and bees, and in captivity giant anteaters accept some fruit.
Definition of giant anteater in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India