Definition of giant anteater in English:
A large insectivorous mammal with long coarse fur, large claws, an elongated snout, and a long tongue for catching ants. It is native to Central and South America.
- Myrmecophaga tridactyla, family Myrmecophagidae, order Xenartha (or Edentata)
- In Brazil's Pantanal, South America's largest wetlands, you'll stalk giant anteaters, armadillos, maned wolves, and jaguars.
- The giant anteater of South America is about the size of a German shepherd dog.
- They also take some beetle larvae and bees, and in captivity giant anteaters accept some fruit.
Definition of giant anteater in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.