- A large treelike plant of the daisy family, having a thick stem and a few short branches tipped with broad leaves, growing chiefly on high mountains in central and eastern Africa.
More example sentences
- Genus Senecio (or Dendrosenecio), family Compositae
- At the moorland region, you find the giant groundsels and lobelias common in the high altitude mountain regions of eastern Africa.
- The giant groundsels, 25 feet tall, with their enormous, artichoke-like balls atop their furred branches, resemble Joshua trees.
- You pass a huge boulder and start to climb past a forest of giant groundsel to the foot of the wall.