Definition of giant petrel in English:
The largest petrel, which is found around southern oceans, has a massive bill, and scavenges from carcasses.
- Genus Macronectes, family Procellariidae: two species
- Why are southern giant petrels thriving on one peninsula, but declining almost everywhere else?
- Finally, the scientist reaches her quarry: a colony of southern giant petrels whose nests atop these rocky heights are filled with hungry hatchlings.
- On our way there we enjoyed giant petrels, a new species for the trip.
Definition of giant petrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.