Definition of giant petrel in English:
The largest petrel, which is found around southern oceans, has a massive bill, and scavenges from carcasses.
- Genus Macronectes, family Procellariidae: two species
- Why are southern giant petrels thriving on one peninsula, but declining almost everywhere else?
- Finally, the scientist reaches her quarry: a colony of southern giant petrels whose nests atop these rocky heights are filled with hungry hatchlings.
- On our way there we enjoyed giant petrels, a new species for the trip.
Definition of giant petrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India