Definition of giant puffball in English:
A European fungus that produces a spherical white fruiting body with a diameter of up to 32 inches (80 cm), edible when young.
- Langermannia gigantea, family Lycoperdaceae, class Gasteromycetes
- Neil Pullen, the Swindon wildlife officer for the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, confirmed that the fungi were giant puffballs.
- Fungi vary in size from single-cell micro-organisms, too small to be seen by the naked eye, to the giant puffball.
- Leaving the cliffs was a wrench, but the way back through the hinterland was pleasant if relatively plain, a bridge over the abandoned railway line, decent farms, a giant puffball, good track, a quiet lane, no complaints.
Definition of giant puffball in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan