- A European fungus that produces a spherical white fruiting body with a diameter of up to 32 inches (80 cm), edible when young.
More example sentences
- Langermannia gigantea, family Lycoperdaceae, class Gasteromycetes
- Neil Pullen, the Swindon wildlife officer for the Wiltshire Wildlife Trust, confirmed that the fungi were giant puffballs.
- Fungi vary in size from single-cell micro-organisms, too small to be seen by the naked eye, to the giant puffball.
- Leaving the cliffs was a wrench, but the way back through the hinterland was pleasant if relatively plain, a bridge over the abandoned railway line, decent farms, a giant puffball, good track, a quiet lane, no complaints.
More definitions of giant puffballDefinition of giant puffball in:
- The British & World English dictionary