- A fast-growing perennial grass native to India that is a principal source for reeds used in musical instruments. In the US it threatens some native plant habitats because of its spreading and dispersal habits.
More example sentences
- Arundo donax, family Poaceae
- For larger grasses such as miscanthus, North American native switch grass, and giant reed, choose pots that are one to two times as deep as they are wide.
- These pests - giant reed, saltcedar, and pink hibiscus mealybug - are believed to have originated on the Indian subcontinent, so the scientists expected to find natural enemies there.
- In addition to removing the giant reed from the land, Aquatic Environments also used miniexcavators at the stream edge to remove the root mass and return it to its normal course.