- The liver, heart, gizzard, and neck of a chicken or other fowl, usually removed before the bird is cooked, and often used to make gravy, stuffing, or soup.More example sentences
- Remove the giblets from the duck, rinse the bird inside and out and pat it dry.
- Wipe the goose dry, remove the giblets and pop the lemon and herbs inside.
- Put the remaining giblets into a saucepan with a thyme sprig, bay, sage, star anise, half the onion and 1 clove garlic.
Middle English (in the sense 'an inessential appendage', later 'garbage, offal'): from Old French gibelet 'game bird stew', probably from gibier 'birds or mammals hunted for sport'.
More definitions of gibletsDefinition of giblets in:
- The British & World English dictionary