Definition of giclée in English:
1A technology for fine art or photograph reproduction using a high-quality inkjet printer to make individual copies.
- Others are printed using the giclee process, where long-lasting inks are laid onto various types of art papers.
- The vast majority, 83 percent, say that more education is needed to help them inform their clients about giclee printing.
- Newcomers to the art business today might not realize that there was not a printmaking technique called "giclee" a decade ago.
1.1A print produced using the giclée process: 65 percent of galleries now sell giclées
More example sentences
- Today, according to the recent Art Business News POP Survey, giclees are the leading type of print art dealers and gallery owners have added to their inventories.
- Her customers, she added, also like the look of giclees, especially those printed on canvas.
- He recently began to distribute the work of more than 20 artists whose works are printed as giclees.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia