Decorative paper for wrapping presents.
- The gift wrap on presents for his host family was in the bag, but the gifts were gone, as was the camera specially purchased for his trip.
- The floor of his parents' room was teeming with presents in colorful gift wrap.
- Unwrapping begins with the painted bag, then moves to the hand-stamped gift wrap, decorated tags, handmade card, and finally the starring present.
verb(gift-wrap) (gift wraps, gift wrapping, gift wrapped) [with object] (usually as adjective gift-wrapped)
1Wrap (a present) in decorative paper.
- For security reasons all gift-wrapped presents will be unwrapped.
- People are increasingly turning to the Net to avoid shopping on the high street because of ease of payment, ease of delivery and presents arriving gift-wrapped.
- And there will be enough wrapping paper to gift-wrap most of Plymouth.
1.1Hand over (something) as if a gift: his first on-screen role came gift-wrapped
More example sentences
- Yet in the last 20 of the first period, they proved what a infuriating team they can be, making mistakes aplenty and gift-wrapping a handful of tries to the hosts with weak tackling.
- But any nerves harboured by them were swiftly expunged with a brace of gift-wrapped goals against adversaries who were lethargic, lacklustre and terribly out of sorts.
- Victories like this one will not always come so neatly gift-wrapped.
Definition of gift wrap in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.