- A unit of information equal to one billion (109) or, strictly, 230 bits.More example sentences
- A megabit is one million bits; a gigabit is one billion bits.
- For example, it's been estimated that a photonic internet could transmit data at 160 gigabits per second, which is thousands of times faster than today's typical high-speed connection.
- The total bandwidth per port ranges from 3 gigabits to more than 60 gigabits per second.
More definitions of gigabitDefinition of gigabit in:
- The British & World English dictionary