- A unit of information equal to one billion (109) or, strictly, 230 bytes.More example sentences
- We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.
- I am sure there must be millions like me who are mystified by bytes, megabytes, gigabytes or whatever they are called.
- Hard disk capacity is measured in gigabytes - a gigabyte being roughly 1,000 megabytes.
More definitions of gigabyteDefinition of gigabyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary