- A flap of skin protecting a fish’s gills, typically stiffened by bony plates. Also called operculum.More example sentences
- The gill cover and dorsal, pelvic, anal, and caudal fins possess large red blotches.
- The opercular series comprises each gill cover and generally consists of four bones.
- Next, place two fingers just into the gill cover and slide the fingers forward until you reach the jaw bone.
More definitions of gill coverDefinition of gill cover in:
- The British & World English dictionary