Covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint.
- With the look of genuine horror he relates how some people even made a living burning old gilt frames for the gold.
- It was woven and plaited in a manner similar to lace making, then mounted with gold or gilt fittings.
- The interior of the restaurant is straight out of 1950s Brooklyn - goldish paint, plaster busts and gilt mirrors create a very old-fashioned feel.
nounBack to top
Gold leaf or gold paint applied in a thin layer to a surface.
- Follow the application instructions for your choice of finish, paint or gilt.
- Let us peel away some of the layers of gilt and glimpse at some of the failures.
- Crafted in silver and gilt, the 60-cm high trophy features a golden globe held aloft by three silver columns.
Words that rhyme with giltatilt, built, guilt, hilt, jilt, kilt, lilt, quilt, silt, spilt, stilt, tilt, upbuilt, wilt
A young sow.
- The first strategy, used largely with maternal lines that are genetically lean, is to increase the gilt's body fat content during the prebreeding period.
- Furthermore, fewer postural changes by the gilt may be an advantageous behavior to help lessen the incidence of pre-weaning piglet mortality.
- Diets for gilts and the breeding herd should contain the better quality feed grains, free from spoilage, molds, and mycotoxins.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.