- 1Glamorous: a magician and his glam assistantMore example sentences
- Though people claim they can see through it all, they are still attracted by the glam quotient.
- These glam dolls are the centre of attraction for all the things that are not cricket.
- While all of these glam celebs have a team of stylists, hairdressers and makeup artists to help them look golden, it is possible to achieve the same brilliant styles by following their lead.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting glam rock.More example sentences
- However, it is believed the glam rockers will attract large numbers of former British residents who now work and live in the Arab state.
- We have a voracious appetite for glam metal in this town.
- Then the band made the unfortunate decision to record a glam metal album, which did an enormous amount of damage to their career.
nounBack to top
- 1Glamour: sass, panache, and a dash of glamMore example sentences
- It would really give the show that dash of glam that it's lacking, especially given the charisma-bereft cast of this season.
- Glitz and glam are also well catered for with a gorgeous range of party dresses, perfect for cocktails by the pool.
- Some digital effects are used magnificently, when filmmakers don't forget their movies had better have some soul as well as all that visual glitter and glam.
- 1.1Glam rock.More example sentences
- They were suffering through the dreaded opening-act curse, but eventually redeemed themselves with their mascara-running blend of glam, garage and punk.
- They have been conquering power pop for over a decade now with an incalculable and possibly illicit debt to every great glam, punk, and hard rock band of the 1970s.
- And it's a sweet, freely eclectic batch of classic punk, Cajun country, glam, rockabilly, and retro pop.
verb (glams, glamming, glammed)[no object] (glam up) Back to top
- Make oneself look glamorous.More example sentences
- Left to his own devices, he glams up, dons his sister's gold platform boots and realises that he was born to boogie.
- While it is understandable that a lot of people don't have the time or resources to spend on glamming up, occasionally it's fun to make a bit of an effort.
- They're friendly, but they're also far better at glamming up than your usual crowd.
More definitions of glamDefinition of glam in:
- The British & World English dictionary