Definition of glam in English:
1Glamorous: a magician and his glam assistant
More example sentences
- Though people claim they can see through it all, they are still attracted by the glam quotient.
- These glam dolls are the centre of attraction for all the things that are not cricket.
- While all of these glam celebs have a team of stylists, hairdressers and makeup artists to help them look golden, it is possible to achieve the same brilliant styles by following their lead.
1.1Relating to or denoting glam rock.
- However, it is believed the glam rockers will attract large numbers of former British residents who now work and live in the Arab state.
- We have a voracious appetite for glam metal in this town.
- Then the band made the unfortunate decision to record a glam metal album, which did an enormous amount of damage to their career.
nounBack to top
1Glamour: sass, panache, and a dash of glam
More example sentences
- It would really give the show that dash of glam that it's lacking, especially given the charisma-bereft cast of this season.
- Glitz and glam are also well catered for with a gorgeous range of party dresses, perfect for cocktails by the pool.
- Some digital effects are used magnificently, when filmmakers don't forget their movies had better have some soul as well as all that visual glitter and glam.
- They were suffering through the dreaded opening-act curse, but eventually redeemed themselves with their mascara-running blend of glam, garage and punk.
- They have been conquering power pop for over a decade now with an incalculable and possibly illicit debt to every great glam, punk, and hard rock band of the 1970s.
- And it's a sweet, freely eclectic batch of classic punk, Cajun country, glam, rockabilly, and retro pop.
verb (glams, glamming, glammed)[no object] (glam up) Back to top
Make oneself look glamorous.
- Left to his own devices, he glams up, dons his sister's gold platform boots and realises that he was born to boogie.
- While it is understandable that a lot of people don't have the time or resources to spend on glamming up, occasionally it's fun to make a bit of an effort.
- They're friendly, but they're also far better at glamming up than your usual crowd.
Words that rhyme with glamam, Amsterdam, Assam, Bram, cam, cham, cheongsam, clam, cram, dam, damn, drachm, dram, exam, femme, flam, gam, gram, ham, jam, jamb, lam, lamb, mam, mesdames, Omar Khayyám, Pam, pram, pro-am, ram, Sam, scam, scram, sham, Siam, slam, Spam, swam, tam, tram, Vietnam, wham, yam
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan